At times, Kaspersky Installation fails unexpectedly during the Setup procedure. Users get an error message stating “Kaspersky Installation Ended Prematurely Because of an Error”.
Causes Of The Error
Although, this Kaspersky Installation Ended Prematurely error could occur due to multiple reasons. However, given below are the most common issues that users experience.
- Invalid Registry Keys
- Remnants Of An Older Security Product
- System Cache Files
- Conflicting Security Software
- Issues with HOSTS File and Registry
Remove Leftover Registry Key
- First of all, click on the Windows “Start” menu.
- Now, type in “Run” in the “Search Box” and press the “Enter” key.
- Thereafter, enter “regedit” in the “Run Prompt”.
- Then, click on “OK”.
- Next, you should go to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run”.
- After that, expand the “Run” Folder.
- Now, look for the “Registry Key” by the name “avp**_post_uninstall”. This is the leftover key from an uninstalled Security Product. Here, you will find the Kaspersky Version Number in place of “**”. For instance, you may have “avp12_post_uninstall”.
- Next, you should right-click on this “Registry Key”. Then, select “Delete”.
- Subsequently, install the purchased “Kaspersky Product” by performing the standard Setup procedures.
Remove Traces Of Older Security Products
Remove Known Software
Using a dedicated “Removal/ Uninstall Tool” is the simplest method to completely eliminate traces of all the known security products that were once installed on your system.
- First of all, go to the official website of the specific Application. For instance, if you had a Kaspersky product, then go to its website.
- Then, locate their specific “Removal/ Uninstall Tool” and download it.
- Now, open the Setup file and “Run” it.
- Subsequently, follow on-screen prompts on the Installer to complete the installation process.
- Once the process finishes, “Remove” application.
- Then, wait for the process to complete.
- Thereafter, restart your computer and install the Kaspersky product.
Remove Unknown Software
However, it is quite possible that you don’t remember what all Security Products have been installed on the device in the past. As such, you can use a generic “Removal/ Uninstall Tool” called “AppRemover” for the same. It detects and deletes leftover data from most of the security applications.
- First of all, download the “AppRemover” Utility Tool from a reliable website.
- Then, open the Installer and complete installation by following on-screen prompts.
- Thereafter, “Run” the tool.
- As such, the System Scan results will enlist leftover data from old security software.
- Along with that, it will prompt you to select items for removal. Hence, select appropriately and remove it.
- At last, restart your computer and install the Kaspersky product.
Delete System Cache Files
This problem is caused by corrupted information in the file INFCACHE.1. This file contains information about drivers and file locations. Hence, you should remove the same. Another key factor to remember is that it is present only in Windows XP, Vista and 7.
For Windows XP
- First of all, press “Windows + R” key.
- Now, type in “cmd” in the Run” box.
- Then, enter “del C:\Windows\inf\infcache.1” in the “Command Prompt” and press “Enter”.
- Thereafter, restart your system and install the Kaspersky product.
For Windows Vista and 7
- First of all, download the “Take Ownership” tool from a reliable website.
- Now, double-click the “reg” file located in the “Archive”. This will import the data into your Registry.
- Next, you should go to “C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore”.
- Thereafter, right-click on “INFCACHE.1” located in the “Driver Store”.
- After that, select “Take Ownership” from the expanded menu.
- Subsequently, delete the “INFCACHE.1” file.
- At last, restart your system and install the Kaspersky product.
Stop/ Uninstall Conflicting Security Software
You may experience this issue in case if your system has any pre-installed security software or tool. It may be another Kaspersky product or any third-party security product. Along with that, a firewall or other tools can also interfere with the installation process. For instance, Comodo Firewall is one such software that often results in a failed installation. As such, you should either temporarily stop such conflicting software. Else, you should completely uninstall it.
Disinfect Your Computer
At times, systems infected by viruses, malicious files, rootkits etc. can interrupt the installation process. As such, you should clean your system by removing viruses, malicious files, rootkits etc. For this purpose, Kaspersky offers some dedicated “Utility Tools”. You can download the following from the Support page of its official website. Thereafter, “Scan” your device using them and eliminate threats.
- Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
- TDSSKiller Utility
- Kaspersky Rescue Disk Tool
Hence, this completes the solution for Kaspersky Installation Ended Prematurely Error.